Weekend Report | The Irish Duelist

Weekend Report



Fortune Tour Challenge : Cork
Hobby League : Cork (Week 4 of 4)

Standings (Swiss)
1st. [5-0] PJ Tierney
(T-DaD)
2nd. [4-1] Thomas S.
(T-DaD)
3rd. [4-1] Mark S.
(Zombie Synchro)
4th. [3-2] Alex H.
(T-DaD)
5th. [3-2] Seàn L.
(Abundance OTK)
6th. [3-2] Kenneth W.
(Warrior Toolbox)
7th. [3-2] Seamus A.
(Zombie Hero)
8th. [2-3] Aaron McI.
(Monarchs)


Playoffs:
PJ Tierney [defeated] Aaron McI.
Thomas S. [defeated] Seamus A.
Mark S. [defeated] Kenneth W.
Alex H. [defeated] Seàn L.

PJ Tierney [defeated] Alex H.
Thomas S. [defeated] Mark S.

PJ Tierney [defeated] Thomas S.


Thoughts:
After losing last week I noticed quite a few problems with my experimental non-Draw deck and scrapped it for the 'standard' T-DaD variant:

[41]
[19]-[15]-[7]
-
3 Destiny Hero - Malicious
3 Krebons
2 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude
1 Destiny Hero - Doom Lord
1 Caius the Shadow Monarch
1 Elemental Hero Stratos
1 Mystic Tomato
1 Dark Grepher
1 Snipe Hunter
1 Necro Gardna
1 D.D. Crow
1 Sangan
-
3 Emergency Teleport
3 Allure of Darkness
3 Destiny Draw
2 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Brain Control
1 Heavy Storm
-
3 Solemn Judgment
2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Crush Card Virus

3 Stardust Dragon
3 Goyo Guardian
2 Thought Ruler Archfiend
2 Red Dragon Archfiend
2 Colossal Fighter
2 Magical Android
1 Avenging Knight Parshath

3 Skill Drain
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2 Destiny Hero - Defender
2 Dust Tornado
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Zombyra the Dark
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Giant Trunade
1 Mirror Force
1 D.D. Crow


I played well enough at the event, though I did need some time to 'warm up' early on and made quite a few mistakes in my first round match (like forgetting to use the 'free' Destiny Draw I got off Diamond Dude, biggest misplay I made all day). Luckily, I ironed those out after the first game and was back on form for the rest of the day. I faced off against T-DaD 4 times (both players twice) and the games were a little tricky for different reasons. Against Tom it was the Solemns and triple Caius (along with the fear of Plasma hitting the field) which posed the biggest threat and Alex's Necro Gardnas and tricky tech but I won through in the end.

The Skill Drain side is officially pointless in my meta as there's not enough decks that I don't already have a big advantage over already to warrant using them. Also, when I did side in the suite, Zombyra was doing nothing for me other than being Allure bait. The rest of the side was fine, as was the main. Mystic Tomato = free Krebons most of the time.

Overall I was happy with the event and can now relax a little since I've qualified for the Fortune Tour Finals (I also won the Hobby League by a huge margin).


-PJ

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us