"Game 2" (a work in progress) | The Irish Duelist

"Game 2" (a work in progress)

____________________________________________



As some of you may know, I'm currently in my final year of study at Limerick School of Art & Design, doing a Degree in Sculpture & Combined Media. For the past year or so my work's been based around games, and my first video "GameFace 9" was exhibited last April.

Here's what I'm working on at the moment. What I'm trying to do with this is to take the language and lexicon on Yu-Gi-Oh! from it's natural setting (the game) and place it out there in the wider domain. This is done by deconstructing the game so that only the words remain. What I'm hoping is that somebody who has no knowledge or awareness of Yu-Gi-Oh! will see this and go "hmm.. this is interesting. I wonder what they're doing, it seems to be a card game of sorts". I got that reaction with "GameFace 9" and I'm hoping that when this work is complete, I'll get a similar response.

Any feedback you may have is most appreciated, so feel free to leave a comment.



Please note that this is a work in progress, and that there are a few errors in the video.