Round 8, Game 1 | The Irish Duelist

Round 8, Game 1

____________________________________________

By now, many of you will have seen my previous experiment, "Game 2", where I worked with the language of Yu-Gi-Oh! to create a visually compelling piece. Fortunately, it went down just as well with the college staff as it did the general public and I got decent scores in my assessments for the last semester.

The next piece in this will take what was learned from "Game 2" and further refine it; basically the next video is going to be the same concept, but executed a lot better now that I know what I'm doing.




The piece will be entitled "Round 8, Game 1" and as you can imagine, it centres around the first game in the eighth round of a tournament, specifically SHONEN JUMP Championship Los Angeles and the feature match between Austria's Claudio Kirchmair and Spain's Rodrigo Togores. I selected this game as it was fairly quick to read out (the video will be about 1 minute long) but contained a lot of information.

I recorded the audio for this a few weeks ago (it took me 12 'takes' to get it right, I should make a blooper reel) and then converted it into text to form the basis of the video. Next, I loaded the text into Adobe Illustrator and created the layout. I finished that this morning and whipped up a quick A3 document to help me visualise the next step, animating the text for the video.

I should hopefully have that video ready to go for next week, and then we'll see what happens after that.


Update:
----------


The text and the audio has now been synch'd up and I'm nearing the final stages of the video. Here's a screenshot to show what was involved in this step (click for full view).