OjaMachine Gun! | The Irish Duelist

OjaMachine Gun!


With a new format there's always room for new Decks, both at the competitive and casual level. While many Duelists are getting ready for YCS Charlotte (and YCS Paris next month) there are several more at local tournaments across the world who just want to have a bit of fun and try out something crazy before setting down with something more reliable for the next 6 months.

Jason Grabher-Meyer's posted up a really fun Deck over at TCGPlayer that fits into the category of "wierdest Deck you'll come across at a tournament", and explains everything you need to know about it to make it work. Take a look at the full article by clicking here, there's a snippet below as well.

I can't even tell you why I love Ojamas, but long-time readers will know I've got quite a history with the theme. From my “Cat's PaJamas” lockdown deck so many years ago, to the Big March of Animals OTK I wrote about here on TCGPlayer, I just love the little freaks. There's something so satisfying about winning with Ojamas: something that a normal victory with real monsters doesn't offer.

So imagine my happiness and surprise when I found out that two of the best Ojama cards of all time went from Limited to completely unrestricted in the March 1st Advanced List! Ojama Trio is now playable again at threes, but I'd propose that the really big deal for Ojama Duelists rests in a totally off-theme (but equally freakish) card: Snipe Hunter. Long-time Metagame readers may remember the OjaMachineGun (OMG) strategy from 2006 or 2007 when I first wrote about it: a ridiculously fun casual deck that died with the Limitation of Snipe Hunter. But all the pieces are back in place, and now there's a whole new toybox of monochramatic mischief for us Ojama Duelists to throw into the mix! Before we start on the new stuff, let's talk about the core strategy.

On a related note check out this video: