Heading to the UK/Irish National Championship tomorrow. | The Irish Duelist

Heading to the UK/Irish National Championship tomorrow.


Hi all, just a quick update concerning what's going on with The Irish Duelist over the next week or so. This weekend the UK & Irish National Championship is taking place in Bristol and I'm flying out tomorrow as I'm also playing in the finals of the Battle of the Kingdoms on the Friday, having qualified for the event way back in February.

What that means for the blog(s) is that I won't be here to post daily news and updates that I've been doing since the start of the year. On the flipside I'll have first-hand access to the action at "Nationals" this weekend and will be able to provide as much information (and pictures!) as I possibly can so expect a bunch of posts about the event next week, as well as brief roundups of the other Championships taking place across Europe.

Before anybody asks, I'm not doing coverage for Nationals this weekend, I'll be playing. It's the first high-level event I've played in since last year's Nationals (which funnily enough led to me doing coverage in the first place) and I'm not sure how well I'll do. At the moment I'm thinking of just taking a Deck that I'm comfortable with that isn't anything spectacular, but also won't fall apart in an instant. We'll see how it goes, and I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun regardless since I love playing in the UK.

Anyways, just wanted to keep you all updated incase you were wondering why there's no content going up this weekend. If you're going to be in Bristol this weekend feel free to say hi.

-PJ