Heading off to Amsterdam... | The Irish Duelist

Heading off to Amsterdam...



3 years ago I competed at the 2008 European Championship in Amsterdam, and after going undefeated for the first 7 rounds I only needed 2 more wins to make the Top 8 and fight for a place at that year's World Championship. Unfortunately my weekend suddenly took a nosedive and I lost my final 5 matches, and my one shot at glory had slipped away. Funny then how I'll actually get to go to the World Championship this year, and it's in Amsterdam!

For the past year I've been working with Konami to provide live tournament coverage of Europe's top events. Starting with last year's European Championship in Birmingham I've been fortunate enough to work in Bochum, Paris, Milan and Madrid, and now I return to Amsterdam for the biggest event of them all. This weekend myself and the mighty Oliver Gehrmann will be joining forces with Konami again to bring you all of the action from Amsterdam live as it happens.

If you happen to be in the city this weekend feel free to head to the tournament venue as there's lots of cool stuff going on this Saturday and Sunday (all the info is here). All of the Public Events are free and you can win some pretty cool prizes! Also, even if you're not familiar with the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG you should head down anyways, just to experience an entirely different culture and event experience, you won't regret it ;)