It's been a while since Europe has had a YCS, the last being YCS Paris in April. Since then several countries have had National Championships, the European Championship went by in a flash and the Dueling world descended on Amsterdam for the World Championship itself. Since then there's been a bit of a wait but Europe's next major event was announced over the weekend.
2011 is almost over, and we’d like to celebrate the holiday season with a weekend chock-full of Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling and fun! We would like to invite everyone to join us at the next stop of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series, which will take place in Brighton (UK), on December 17th and 18th.
Here's a few quick tips if you're heading to the event:
- The nearest airport is London Gatwick. You can get a direct train to and from Brighton at Gatwick Airport.
- If you can't get to Gatwick go to Heathrow instead and take the Underground in to London Victoria Station, and from there get a train to Brighton.
- BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS NOW before the prices inflate due to the holiday season (this has already started). If you leave it too late there won't be any flights left at all.
- If you want to visit London for a few days do it BEFORE the YCS takes place, as everything that takes place after the YCS will be a lot more complicated due to the holiday season.
- Have a look around for hostels in Brighton. I stayed at The Grapevine while I was there in September and it was quite decent: £12.50 a night with free wifi, and shops/restaurants galore nearby.
Best of luck if you're heading to the event!