Best cards of 2011? | The Irish Duelist

Best cards of 2011?


We're nearing the end of another year of Yu-Gi-Oh!, one that has been quite eventful with new cards, Decks and so-on making a big impact on Duelists. I plan on doing a set of mini articles to round out the year, but I need some input from you all to help me out first.

YCS Brighton is the last major event of the year, and once that's over I want to finish off 2011 by counting down the 10 best cards released this year. While I have my own opinions on what cards made the biggest impact on the game since their release I'm sure all of you have your own thoughts on what the best cards of 2011 are as well, so I'd like to know what you think.

How to get involved.

  • Post a comment below this blog post.
  • List out the 10 best cards released in 2011.
  • Post reasons if you want, but it's not necessary.


Also, here's a few things to help you out:
  • Any card which made its TCG debut this year is eligible.
  • Reprints don't count.
  • Prize cards can be nominated.
  • JUMP and other promo cards can be nominated.
  • "Best" doesn't always mean "most powerful", it could also be a card that helps out one specific Deck by giving it the boost it needed.
  • Judge each card on its stats/effect alone, ignore rarities.

Here's a list of products that contained new cards in 2011: